Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hooper Birthday Party

Last Saturday was a Hooper birthday party. My uncle Micky turned 50, we also celebrated my aunt Teresa and my uncle Carl's birthday. It was nice to see everyone. My sister and her family, my little brother and my mom all came. I made a crockpot of chili and some sweet cornbread with corn in it. My mom made her special chicken nugget platter, they taste just like chic fillet. Heather brought my favorite, BROWNIES! I was waiting at the door for the brownies. lol Actually, I told her that I would stand at the entrance so she would know where to go, which was a good cover.
It was so nice to talk to everyone, and I wish I was able to see them more often. It is strange to me that the family that got together 4 or 5 times a year, when I was younger, I haven't seen in so long. Seeing the birthday boy is always bittersweet. My uncle looks so much like my dad, that no amount of preparation can prepare me for that first glimps of him. It broke my heart to see him play with Lauren, something my dad never got the chance to do. I know he would have adored the kids.
It is sad to think that my children will not have the HUGE family holidays that we experienced. The Easter egg hunt at my grandparent's house was always amazing. Their lawn was the perfect place for a hunt, there were millions of hidding places. The adults and the older kids would hide a couple laundry baskets full of eggs. Then the hunt was on, when there is that many cousins trying to get the eggs at the same time, it is not always pretty. If I find any old easter pics I will post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment